Request for Free Justice
- WHICH LAWYERS ARE PART OF THE SERVICE OF THE OFFICE SHIFT AND FREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE?
Any practicing lawyer can be part of this service if requested and if he meets the following supplementary requirements:
– Have an open office in the geographical area where he intends to act.
– Proof of having practiced for a minimum of three years before enrolling in the subject in which you want to enroll.
– Have passed the courses of the School of Legal Practice (EPJ) or equivalent course duly approved by the Council of Schools of Catalonia or equivalent specialized course.
– Not incur in the cause of incompatibility.
– Be up to date with the payment of college fees.
– Not be subject or subject to disciplinary sanction or precautionary measure or be disqualified from practicing law.
– Not suffer any illness or have any physical or mental limitation incompatible with the functions corresponding to the practice of law.
- DOES THE ATTORNEY APPOINTED BY OFFICE SHIFT HAVE THE RIGHT TO COLLECT?
Yes, in cases where:
a) The user who has not processed or obtained the benefit of free justice.
b) The opposing party is obliged, by a court ruling, to pay the costs incurred in defense of the person who obtained the right to free legal assistance.
c) If, within the three years following the completion of the process, the beneficiary of free justice obtains a better fortune.
d) When the person who receives free justice wins the lawsuit and obtains an economic benefit, provided that the fees do not exceed one-third of what has been obtained.
e) When the request for lithium expenses proceeds and these have been recognized in a final resolution in favor of the litigant party with recognition of the right to free justice, up to the total amount of the judicially approved item.
- WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE BEFORE THE ATTORNEY DESIGNATED BY OFFICE?
The same as before the lawyer of a free appointment, since the regulations that apply to them, are the same. Consult it in General Information.
- HOW CAN I GET ADVICE AND APPOINTMENT FROM A LAWYER?
You will have to first contact the Legal Guidance Service (SOJ), a free public service of personalized attention and face-to-face whose purposes are to provide first guidance advice on the issue raised by the user and inform about the viability of go to court and resort to alternative means of conflict resolution. Users will be attended in person by a lawyer from the service. You can get the day and time of consultation:
You should go to the Legal Guidance Service, without requesting the day and time of consultation, if you are in any of the following situations:
If you have received any subpoena, administrative notification, or requirement.
If you are in a situation of sexist violence or violence within the family environment.
If you are in a situation where the person at risk is a minor.
If your query is related to labor law or Social Security.
- WHO CAN REQUEST RECOGNITION OF THE RIGHT TO FREE JUSTICE?
In general terms, any natural person, the managing entities and common services of Social Security, public utility associations, and foundations registered in the corresponding administrative Register.
- WHAT ECONOMIC REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET?
In accordance with the provisions of Law 1/96, of January 10, on free legal assistance to be entitled to the recognition of free justice, the economic income, for all concepts, of the applicant’s family unit is computed.
Regarding the determination of the concept of the family unit, the provisions of the Personal Income Tax Law will be followed, equating stable couples’ unions constituted according to the regulations applicable to spouses not legally separated.
Financial means may be assessed individually if the existence of conflicting family interests is proven in the procedure in which the right to free justice is to be used.